DENTAL SERVICES THAT MAKE YOU SMILE
Restorative Dentistry (Fillings)
Every now and again, despite all our best efforts, decay will win out, or a tooth will fracture. When this happens, we offer a full range of restoration types. These range from the very latest in nano technology composite resins, to glass ionomer restorations, to metallic fillings.
Various dental filling materials have pros & cons. The advantages and disadvantages of any choice of materials will be discussed with you. You are then fully involved in the process of the final choice of materials.
Many factors go into deciding what materials to use for your filling work. These may include…
- your recurrent decay rate (how many times have you had to have this tooth filled?)
- where in your mouth the cavity is (is the tooth in a heavy biting area?)
- aesthetics (will the filling be easily visible?)
- the potential longevity of the material
- what materials you already have in your mouth
- cost (both financial and biological)
- your philosophy regarding certain filling materials
All your existing fillings have a limited lifespan, and will need replacing periodically. The lifespan will depend on the type of material used, how much tooth structure is remaining, how well you maintain the filling, as well as the skill of the dentist who placed the filling. When it comes time to replace fillings, we will be able to take care of all your restorative needs, or perhaps be able to offer some alternatives.